Eh, self-indulging painting. I was frustrated and I needed to calm myself down. I started with the face then somehow ended with cheekbone-queen. I don’t even know how. I haven’t watched this movie though, so I did alter things. But seriously, Disney did do good job on the casting when they pick Angelina. Because god damn.
Any case, if you don’t like her cheekbones, I don’t like you. (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ
Awww, thanks Harr! I love your drawing as well!
21. Do you like to challenge yourself?
Of course! It’s boring being stuck in the mud. And since I don’t take classes, I do end up with the option of being forced to learn if I want to improve. So I usually switching around in all kind of factors, like anatomy, perspective, style choices, etc. I love dipping my hands into new things and taking a taste of what it’s like. Each drawing is sort of an experiment to me.
25. Do you like to draw in silence, or with music?
Always with music, it relaxes me. It energizes me and at time, gets me in the mood and helps me focus.
Yet, uhm, as much as I like having something to accompany my ears, I don’t like having commotions in the background. I don’t like people talking or shouting, cars running by and many other things. It’s distracting me and usually, it’s like a hammer that shatters my glass surface.
30. What inspires you to not just make art, but to be a better artist?
Er… it’s a dumb dream. Sort of.
When I was young, I watched cartoons and anime, and I was like, “Oh that’s cool! I want to try that out!” That was the reason. I found arts to be something pretty and awesome.
But later years, arts and graphics become something that keeps me accompanied when no one’s around.
I watch animation and observe the “breathing” movements, I feel the stories and emotions through comics, I associate with a fictional character with game, I “touch” the environments through paintings, etc.
I don’t feel… alone, not like that. I let myself drift into whatever world the art brings. Perhaps it was an escape for me, I’m unsure. In any case, I want people to feel that as well. I want others to find comfort in the place that keeps me calm. I want people to breathe, in the field of grass, while laying under the tree’s shade, through a painting.
I want people to laugh, to cry, and maybe to think through a comic, through a game’s graphics. I just don’t want anyone to have nothing to hold onto. I want to inspire people the same way I’ve been inspired through arts, maybe?
And in order to do that, I have to improve as an artist. I have to get better at my own game to get to that one ultimate goal.
On the side track, I also want to do something that I personally love. I don’t want to see myself sit in four-wall prison we called office, gasping and furiously typing boring letters and numbers, trying to finish tomorrow’s report. Nobody wants a suppressed life now, does they?
Honestly, I have nothing to do but draw. I can’t sing, I can’t dance, I’m not some kind of genius, I’m not strong. I don’t have talents for other things, even though I’ve tried a few.
I know I’ve picked a different path from the beginning, I’m not like many of my friends. And since I’m already walking on this road, I might as well continue on to the last stop. Sometimes I do wonder if it was the right choice all along, but I snap out of that thought thanks to my friends. They’ve encouraged me, they’ve kicked my butt. People have told me it’s rather time-consuming to turn around for the intersection and start again, and that has been my food for thought.
So I’ve sighed, shrugged, then nodded. And… I walk on.
I’m just here to finish what I’ve started decade back. With some help of course.
Heya DLV, nice to see you here!
1. Do you prefer traditional drawing, or digital?
It really depends to me. Although traditional isn’t always convenient, fast-paced and easy. So I like digital more, there are a lot of things you can experiment with a digital work and like traditional, it also has many mediums. Unfortunately, it lacks the physical feelings and contact that I’m fond of.
2. How long have you been drawing?
Ten years, give or take. Perhaps more, I’m not quite sure myself. I’ve been scribbling around when I was what? Four? Five? Yeah. Let’s say almost whole life, haha.
Eh, though I’ve only began drawing digitally for… about four years now. Not half bad really. I think I adapts digital fairly fast.
5. What’s your favorite thing to draw?
And this is “drawing” only, right, no coloring, right. Riiight—?
Okay, they are eyes, facial features and expression, along with hair. Those are very fun to draw, and it’s more relaxing than poses or background, etc. They are the thing I sort of consider the main points of me? So I usually focus on them and it just sort of becomes a little hobby, it’s really exciting to fool around and experiment with them.
Drawing goof faces on serious bara men I mean what.
15. How long does an average piece take you to complete?
Combining all my recordings for streams and speedpaints, average time is about four to five hours. But I might be slower if I wasn’t in the right state for creative works. And vice versa.
- Do you prefer traditional drawing, or digital?
- How long have you been drawing?
- How many classes have you taken?
- Do you have a deviantArt, personal website, or art blog?
- What’s your favorite thing to draw?
- What’s your least favorite thing to draw?
- How often do you use references?
- Do you draw professionally, or just for fun?
- How much time do you spend drawing on an average day?
- Are you confident about your art?
- How many art-related blogs do you follow?
- Is it okay for people to ask you about your process?
- Do you prefer to keep your art personal, or do you like drawing things for other people?
- Do you ever collaborate with others?
- How long does an average piece take you to complete?
- Do you draw more today than you did in the past, or do you draw less?
- Do you think you’re justified in giving other people art advice?
- What are you currently trying to improve on?
- What is the most difficult thing for you to draw?
- What is the easiest thing for you to draw?
- Do you like to challenge yourself?
- Are you confident that you’re improving steadily?
- Do you draw more fanart, or more original art?
- Do you feel jealous when you see other people’s art, or inspired? (Be honest!)
- Do you like to draw in silence, or with music?
- For digital artists: what program(s) do you use?
- For digital artists: how many layers does a typical piece require?
- For traditional artists: what medium do you like most? (Pencil, charcoals, etc.)
- For traditional artists: How do you usually start on a big piece? (Light sketch, colored lead, sketchpaper, etc.).
- What inspires you to not just make art, but to be a better artist?
Okay, fine, permission given to kidnap my dude for a guy night out. Just make sure to bring back the tape~! (ﾉ´ヮ´)ﾉ*:･ﾟ✧
On the list of things that I should be getting done. Not to mention commissions.
I’m so low on motivation but I’m still a Nintendo trash weh-
Semi-realistic Gingerbread man just because I want something matchy with previous Lonku. Also, thank you, kazeninja17, for being an excellent model. (I based off him because he made a hella Gaius cosplay)
In any case, sugar thief in the streets, sugar daddy in the sheets~! （*´▽｀*）
Profile practice with Lonku. (｡´∀｀)ﾉ
I’ve always wanted to try out the semi-realistic style www